CLINIC POLICY & ADVICE FOR COVID-19
***We are open as usual***
I'm sure that your are well-informed about the current status of the COVID-19 developments in Europe and here in the UK. I'd just like to take a few moments to update you on our approach at Sussex Spine Care. As there are currently only Ten confirmed cases in West Sussex and Seven confirmed cases in East Sussex (18/03/20), we shall remain open whilst implementing the strictest hygiene regime.
Doug will be wearing a face mask and medical gloves and we will be sanitising all risk assessed areas during each patient visit. As we always do, and always have done, we are putting the health of our clients at the upmost of our importance. Doug has recently updated his First Aid qualification and is already qualified in "Championing the Management of Healthcare Associated Infection". To date we have taken a very measured approach and would continue to encourage each and every client who does not feel or display Coronavirus symptoms to continue with their Chiropractic care treatments as normal. We also recommend that you consider how best to boost your natural immune system strength with a healthy diet, vitamin C & vitamin D supplements, a balanced approach to alcohol, plenty of sleep and keeping emotional stress low. Please feel free to ask Doug about how to improve your immune system.
We wanted to reassure every client in our community that we are taking all necessary precautions in our clinics (in accordance with Public Health England):
- We are wiping down our treatment beds between every client.
- We are encouraging our clients to book in advance, and pay in advance for their care to reduce time spent in the waiting areas.
- Hand sanitiser has been made available at the front desks of each of our clinics.
- We are doing weekly deep cleans in each of our clinics.
- We are ensuring we have open windows to allow circulation and keep the fresh air flowing.
- Gloves will be provided to those who would like to use them.
- Doug is wearing a face mask and gloves during treatments.
With the world at the mercy of the media, here are some facts:
96.5% of people tested in the UK were NEGATIVE!
92% of people who have had the virus have recovered!
93% of people who currently have the virus are in a mild condition (advised to stay at home, relax!).
Only 7 confirmed cases in West Sussex today (850,000+ population)
I'd like to reassure you that in the case of displaying symptoms, should you need to reschedule a treatment or be advised to return home without a treatment from the clinic team, no cancellation charges would apply.
Please take a minute to read our updated clinic policy and should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me directly or to speak with your Chiropractor Doug. If there are any changes in the Government advice over the coming weeks that affects how we run our clinic services for you, we will of course update you.
Coronavirus and Your Health
At Sussex Spine Care we take the health of our patients and staff seriously, it’s our number one priority.
In accordance with the latest government advice please help us lower the risk of spreading the Coronavirus (COVID-19) by
complying with our clinic policy.
1. Please reschedule your visit with us for 14 days time if; • You have recently returned from visiting China, Thailand,
Japan, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore,Malaysia, Macau or Italy and feel unwell
• You’ve had personal contact with someone who has recently returned from these countries.
2. Please reschedule your visit for 8 days time if you have flu-like symptoms, including a fever with a temperature above 38°
Celsius, cough or breathing difficulties which could potentially be the coronavirus. We urge you to self-isolate for 7 days.
3. Please help us maintain a clean and hygienic environment by cleansing hands using our hand sanitiser gel, located
throughout the clinic. Always wash hands with soap after using the bathroom.
4. Please use a tissue or handkerchief if you sneeze and sanitise your hands afterwards.
5. Please do not take offence if we refuse to provide a treatment for you in the case there is a suspected risk of infection. We
will ask you to return home where you should self-isolate in accordance with the latest official health advice for 7 days.
We appreciate your help and support in controlling the spread of Coronavirus and other infectious disease