@ SUSSEX SPINE CARE - We are now seeing patients under 70 years of age with no serious health conditions
Due to the Covid 19 pandemic, we understand at Sussex Spine Care that we have a social responsibility to protect our communities and prevent the spread of the virus and after an 8 week period of closure, we are now phasing the re-opening of the practice to those in need of care from 18th May 2020.
PRECAUTIONS THAT SUSSEX SPINE CARE HAS IN PLACE:
- All patients contacting us for an appointment are triaged over the telephone to establish their status (asymptomatic / symptomatic / self-isolating / living with someone symptomatic or self-isolating / have been in contact with anyone symptomatic).
- Only people in the asymptomatic category can attend the practice.
- A second triage and temperature reading is conducted at the practice by the Chiropractor before entering the practice.
- A strict cleaning, sanitation and infection control protocol is being adhered to.
- All team members at Sussex Spine Care follow government social distancing guidance where possible.
- Practice layout has been adapted to maintain social distancing between patients and all team members where possible.
- All patients will have a ten minute space between treatment sessions so that no contact can be made in the waiting area and an outside seating area is now available at both Southwick and Haywards Heath clinic's to help ensure "social distancing".
- In between each patient appointment will be administering a strict hygiene/cleaning protocol.
- Hand sanitiser has been made available at the front desks of each of our clinics.
- Gloves and masks will be available to those who would like to use them.
- We are ensuring we have open windows to allow circulation and keep the fresh air flowing.
- We will be wearing medical PPE during treatments.
At this stage, we are not accepting patients in any of the following vulnerable groups:
- Over 70
- Have a long-term health condition such as high blood pressure or diabetes.
- Have a weakened immune system due to conditions such as HIV and AIDS, or medicines such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy.
- Being seriously overweight, (body mass index of 40 or above).
If you are in one of the above groups but would like some advice from a Chiropractor until we are able to see you, please email us on email@example.com and we can arrange for them to call you.
Doug will be wearing full medical PPE and we will be sanitising all risk assessed areas during each patient visit. As we always do, and always have done, we are putting the health of our clients at the upmost of our importance. Doug has recently updated his First Aid qualification and is already qualified in "Championing the Management of Healthcare Associated Infection", and has an "Advanced Hygiene Cert". To date we have taken a very measured approach and would continue to encourage each and every client who does not feel or display Coronavirus symptoms to continue with their Chiropractic care treatments as normal, once lock down measures have been relaxed. We also recommend that you consider how best to boost your natural immune system strength with a healthy diet, vitamin C & vitamin D supplements, a balanced approach to alcohol, plenty of sleep and keeping emotional stress low. Please feel free to ask Doug about how to improve your immune system. He is available phone, email or live video consultation to help our patients at our normal working hours, should you have any concerns.
We wanted to reassure every client in our community that we are taking all necessary precautions in our clinics (in accordance with Public Health England): When we return from the government lockdown we will be making the clinic procedures below our common practice until further improvements:
Please take a minute to read our updated clinic policy and should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me directly or to speak with your Chiropractor Doug. If there are any changes in the Government advice over the coming weeks that affects how we run our clinic services for you, we will of course update you.
Coronavirus and Your Health
At Sussex Spine Care we take the health of our patients and staff seriously, it’s our number one priority.
In accordance with the latest government advice please help us lower the risk of spreading the Coronavirus (COVID-19) by
complying with our clinic policy when we reopen the clinics.
1. Please reschedule your visit with us for 14 days time if; • You have recently returned from visiting China, Thailand,
Japan, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore,Malaysia, Macau or Italy and feel unwell
• You’ve had personal contact with someone who has recently returned from these countries.
2. Please reschedule your visit for 8 days time if you have flu-like symptoms, including a fever with a temperature above 38°
Celsius, cough or breathing difficulties which could potentially be the coronavirus. We urge you to self-isolate for 7 days.
3. Please help us maintain a clean and hygienic environment by cleansing hands using our hand sanitiser gel, located
throughout the clinic. Always wash hands with soap after using the bathroom.
4. Please use a mask/tissue or handkerchief if you sneeze and sanitise your hands afterwards.
5. Please do not take offence if we refuse to provide a treatment for you in the case there is a suspected risk of infection. We
will ask you to return home where you should self-isolate in accordance with the latest official health advice for 7 days.
We appreciate your help and support in controlling the spread of Coronavirus and other infectious disease